Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Holocaust and it's impact on the world


The lecture that was given by Professor Denis was an excellent presentation on how much of an impact the Holocaust was made to history. The photographs that were shown throughout the presentation really made me appreciate that this is still not going on today. One thing that I had learned from the lecture was that I had never learned that there was an art museum in one of the concentration camps, "Auschwitz." The inmates were forced to draw pictures that reflected the exact opposite of what was actually going on during that present time in the concentration camps. The lecture has added to my relationship to the book because I have learned much more things that I did not know about the Holocaust.

Photo from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matzuva/3459735459/

No comments:

Post a Comment